Recipe: An Original Sicilian King Prawn Appetizer
I apologize for the no-picture of the dish..but I will post it when I do have the photo, I promise:)
*I know it probably doesn’t sound as appetizing as it should be*
Real Food for Real people. This is a wonderful starter dish for contemporary eating. It is perfect for birthdays, new years, house-warming parties, and the many special occasions. It is great to impress your guests with your own innovation (wait, it’s mine haha but you have my permission of course;) You have to love a recipe where you get your vegetables and your extraordinary seafood all in one fabulous, delicious, and color-vibrant package.
Cost : About $40 US for 8 Individuals
Serving size for an individual: 5 King Prawns
Prep Time: *preferably* 4hrs 20 mins for Marination
Cook Time: Approximately 20 Mins
Total Time: About 4hours
1. 4 Teaspoons of 100% Pure Grape Seed Oil
2. Fresh baby Bell Peppers
3. Roughly chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
4. 10/15 Fresh King Prawns
5. Red pepper (Cayenne)
6: Half of a Meyer Lemon (Just the juice)
7. Sea Salt
8. Black Pepper
9. 3 Chopped Garlic cloves
1. Rinse throughly the King Prawns
2. Dry each King Prawn completely with paper towel by gently squeezing the water out
3. Place prawns in a solid container and season with sea salt and ground pepper
4. Add Chopped garlic
5. Add Meyer lemon juice
6. Add 1 tablespoon of Cayenne (Red Pepper)
7. Add the chopped fresh Basil leaves
8. Pour the correct amount of 100% Pure Grape Seed Oil
9. Mix all ingredients together and let it rest in fridge for 4 hours
10. half an hour before serving, barbeque the pepper bells until they become soft and just cooked with little dark burns on the skin.
Make sure the sweetness is still there
11. Arrange the pepper bell around the border of the serving plate, leaving the center open.
12. Delicately Teppanyaki the King Prawns. Once one side of the prawn is cooked, turn it over so that the uncooked side is being cooked on the iron plate.
13. Place the cooked prawns in the center of serving plate for aesthetic purposes.
14. Serve it warm
At the end, it’s not too difficult, but the results are absolutely marvelous!
Voila, bon appétit!!